NOVA Services, Inc. (NOVA) is a firm specializing in geotechnical engineering, special inspection, and materials testing services. Our clients include educational and healthcare institutions, private developers, as well as local, state, and federal government agencies. NOVA continues to expand our presence in the southern California region, creating an opportunity within our geotechnical department for an engineer seeking a geotechnical-focused career in our San Clemente office. The successful candidate will become a key member of the geotechnical practice of that office.
The ideal candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- BS in Civil Engineering
- California EIT certificate
- An entrepreneurial desire for a leadership position in a growing geotechnical practice
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience that demonstrates increasing responsibility and competency in geotechnical-related work
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting geotechnical investigations and analysis including site reconnaissance, subconsultant coordination and management, field explorations and sampling, able to lift up to 50lbs., data evaluation, laboratory soil characteristic and strength testing, engineering evaluations, and preparation of geotechnical reports.
- Oversight of construction observation and testing services.
- Preparation of proposals.
- Reviewing plans and specifications.
- Client interface (interviews, presentations, project kick-off meetings).
- Attend association and industry events geared towards technical knowledge as a representative of NOVA Services to provide educational and networking opportunities and find new business opportunities.
NOVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), and as a state of California Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise and a Department of Veterans Affairs Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, we recognize the value of a diverse workforce. Hiring is conducted without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organization: NOVA Services, Inc.
Job Category: Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
City: San Clemente
Salary and Benefits: $72,500 - $77,500 Annually